- 1A long, loose-fitting, shapeless woman’s dress or undergarment.More example sentences
- Women in the Marshall Islands wear Mother Hubbards and think only prostitutes wear pants.
- The end result was a basic design (referred to as a ‘Mother Hubbard’) which was simply a full, straight skirt attached to a yoke with a high neck and tight sleeves.
- 1.1A kind of cloak.More example sentences
- Women also sewed fabric, available from the trading posts, into a parka shell called a Mother Hubbard.
- The ‘Mother Hubbard’, another style of parka, with its deep ruffle, is common.
so named from early illustrations of the nursery rhyme.
More definitions of Mother HubbardDefinition of Mother Hubbard in:
- The British & World English dictionary