(also mother superior)
- The head of a female religious community.More example sentences
- Six weeks later I had a distressed call from the Mother Superior of the convent, saying, ‘What am I to do?’
- Here we have a naive young nun, Maria, who is cast out by her Mother Superior to see what the outside world is like by helping a middle-aged widower, Captain Von Trapp, rear his seven children and thwart his Nazi induction.
- She responded with the look of a Mother Superior who's just discovered a novice nun secretly leafing through a lingerie magazine.
More definitions of Mother SuperiorDefinition of Mother Superior in:
- The British & World English dictionary