- The standard time in a zone including parts of the US and Canada in or near the Rocky Mountains, specifically.
More example sentences
- ● (Mountain Standard Time abbrev.: MST) standard time based on the mean solar time at the meridian 105° W., seven hours behind GMT. ● (Mountain Daylight Time abbrev.: MDT) Mountain time during daylight saving time, six hours behind GMT.
- Heading north on Mexico's Highway 200, I soon crossed from the Central into the Mountain time zone.
- The same line separates the Pacific and Mountain time zones - and Arizona doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time.
- This is similar to much of Texas, which should (by longitude) be mostly in the Mountain time zone instead of the Central time zone.
More definitions of Mountain timeDefinition of Mountain time in:
- The British & World English dictionary