noun & adjective
archaic term for Muslim (not favored by Muslims).
More example sentences
- But I have a problem with some of your panelists, because I don't think Christ was a Christian, I don't think Buddha was a Buddhist, and I don't think that Mohammed was a Mohammedan.
- Do you know that more than 30,000 temples were converted into mosques during Mohammedan rule?
- As long back as the 13th century she preached non-violence, simple living and high thinking and became thus Lalla Arifa for Muhammadans and Lalleshwari for Hindus.
See Muslim (usage).
- More example sentences
- Earlier this century Muslims were often referred to as Muhammadans, the religion of Islam as Muhammadanism.
- After all: Christianity, Mohammedanism, Buddhism; they all teach mercy, they all teach, ‘Forgive your enemies.’
- The sanctuary was intended to be a ‘merger of notions from a variety of creeds including Mohammedanism and Buddhism’, he continued.
Definition of Muhammadan in:
- The British & World English dictionary