- A large tropical American tree-nesting duck, having glossy greenish-black plumage in the wild but bred in a variety of colors as a domestic bird.
More example sentences
- Cairina moschata, family Anatidae
- Here I observed a number of domestic ducks, including a Muscovy duck, a mallard hybrid, and the Pekin duck, along with a greylag goose.
- The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said Muscovy ducks are not considered wildlife and are not protected birds.
- Imprint was right to point out that Millie was a Muscovy duck - a native of South America.
More definitions of Muscovy duckDefinition of Muscovy duck in:
- The British & World English dictionary