Definition of Muscovy duck in English:
A large tropical American tree-nesting duck, having glossy greenish-black plumage in the wild but bred in a variety of colors as a domestic bird.
- Cairina moschata, family Anatidae
- Here I observed a number of domestic ducks, including a Muscovy duck, a mallard hybrid, and the Pekin duck, along with a greylag goose.
- The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said Muscovy ducks are not considered wildlife and are not protected birds.
- Imprint was right to point out that Millie was a Muscovy duck - a native of South America.
Definition of Muscovy duck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia