Definition of Muslim in English:
A follower of the religion of Islam.
- For example, Muslims are proud that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the West.
- Islam requires that all Moslems do what they can to defend Islamic lands when under attack from non-Moslems.
- An Islam without Muslims then becomes a museum piece rather than a living faith.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to the Muslims or their religion.
- It is standard Muslim doctrine that one verse of the Koran can abrogate another.
- The Muslim family is the miniature of the whole of Muslim society and its firm basis.
- As the word sunna suggests, some Muslim people believe it is religiously ordained.
Definition of Muslim in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan