nounNorth American ( • trademark in the US)
- An artificial material designed to resemble leather, made from fabric coated with rubber or vinyl resin.More example sentences
- Pulleys are fashioned from camshafts, benches constructed of steel piping, scrap wood and faux Naugahyde.
- It was such a lovely warm day our crazy neighbor to the west spent most of the afternoon smoking while sitting in the harvest gold, Naugahyde recliner she keeps in her garage.
- He made the circle of Naugahyde chairs, pumping our hands.
mid 20th century: from Nauga(tuck), the name of a town in Connecticut, where rubber is manufactured, + -hyde (alteration of hide2).
More definitions of NaugahydeDefinition of Naugahyde in:
- The British & World English dictionary