- (In South Asia) a member of an armed revolutionary group advocating Maoist communism.More example sentences
- In one case a 10-year-old boy, labelled as a dreaded Naxalite, was arrested on an accusation of murder.
- Even the extreme radicals, the Maoist Naxalites, did not entirely ignore her.
- They became members of the Red Brigades, the Stern Gang, the Naxalites, the Shining Path.
1960s: from Naxal(bari), a place name in West Bengal, India, + -ite1.
More definitions of NaxaliteDefinition of Naxalite in:
- The British & World English dictionary