- 1A variety of black wine grape grown in Piedmont in northern Italy.More example sentences
- In producing single vineyard bottlings of the same grape variety, Nebbiolo, he immediately emphasised terroir and native expression.
- Barolo is a dry, tart red wine made entirely of Nebbiolo grapes from the district of the same name in Piedmont, in northwestern Italy.
- It is obtained from Nebbiolo grapes grown in a narrow area called ‘Langhe’ and takes the name from the homonymous town Barolo.
- 1.1A red wine made from this.More example sentences
- The large selection of Italian wines - many available by the glass - includes a number of local Nebbiolos, one of those severe, reserved Piedmontese reds that takes a while to open up.
- It is however indisputable there are great traditional Nebbiolos as well as great modern Nebbiolos.
- The judges seem to like the variety and awarded seven of the Nebbiolos points to medal winning standard.
Italian, from nebbia 'mist' (because the grape ripens in the autumn).
More definitions of NebbioloDefinition of Nebbiolo in:
- The British & World English dictionary