- A small phylum that comprises the ribbon worms.More example sentences
- Rouse chose as terminal taxa for his analysis most of the accepted polychaete families, and in addition Clitellata, Rotifera, Platyhelminthes, Nemertea, Mollusca, Sipuncula, Echiura, and Entoprocta.
- However, opinions do differ for the scoring of three phyla in particular: Platyhelminthes, Nemertea, and Rotifera (variously scored as primitively possessing or lacking a prototroch).
- This is strikingly illustrated if we just consider character choice in two subsequent publications by the same research group, for example, for placing the ‘acoelomate’ worms, Platyhelminthes, Nemertea, and Gnathostomulida.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek Nēmertēs, the name of a sea nymph.
More definitions of NemerteaDefinition of Nemertea in:
- The British & World English dictionary