noun (plural same or Nepalis)
- 1A native or inhabitant of Nepal.More example sentences
- Although Indonesians, Nepalis, Pakistanis, and Thais are prominent in the SAR, the most significant minority group consists of Filipino domestic helpers.
- Much of the trading between the lowland Nepalis and Tibetan peoples of the mountains takes place at markets such as the Saturday market in Namche Bazaar.
- Despite ethnic unrest, Nepalis have a strong sense of national identity and pride.
- 1.1The Indic language that is the official language of Nepal; also used in the Indian state of Sikkim.More example sentences
- Besides, the Gurkhas of the Darjeeling district of West Bengal and Sikkim wanted Nepali to be constitutionally recognised as a ‘principal language’.
- Language: Nepali is spoken in the city, apart from local dialects.
- Their rich cultural tradition includes a language quite distinct from Nepali, the language of the majority.
adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to Nepal or its language or people.More example sentences
- With the emergence of Nepali-language rap and mix music in the mid-1990s, the use of the English language within a predominantly Nepali context became much more frequent.
- In the Nepali language, emotions as well as bodily states usually take on the role of agents grammatically, while the one doing the experiencing becomes the indirect object in a sentence.
- I have written several books and pamphlets on Buddhism, Ayurvedic medicine and Nepali culture, which are published in the Nepali language.
More definitions of NepaliDefinition of Nepali in:
- The British & World English dictionary