Definition of Neuroptera in English:
1An order of predatory flying insects that includes the lacewings, snake flies, and ant lions. They have four finely veined membranous wings.
- On the other hand, there was diverse evolution within the surviving orders, the Neuroptera, Mecoptera, and Diptera, and Coleoptera being notable examples.
- This pattern of late trait development appears to occur in all of the basal holometabolous orders of insects (e.g., Megaloptera, Neuroptera, and Mecoptera), and in the more basal families of the Coleoptera, Diptera and Hymenoptera.
1.1 (neuroptera) [as plural noun] Insects of the order Neuroptera.
- Several countries, states, and provinces list species of neuroptera that are considered rare or possibly threatened with extinction.
- Cardboard bands have been used to monitor a variety of overwintering predatory arthropods, including Neuroptera, spiders, and Heteroptera, all taxa that were monitored in the present study.
- Vibrational communication among group members might also be expected in taxa such as many lepidopterans, some aphids, Neuroptera, tingid bugs, and ant-attended cicadellids and fulgoroids.
Definition of Neuroptera in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan