- A series of sedimentary rocks, chiefly soft red sandstones, belonging to the Permo-Triassic system of northwestern Europe.More example sentences
- In places up to 2m or more of Head derived from the New Red Sandstone forms a superficial deposit on bedrock.
- The Heart of England is founded on a series of rocks collectively known as the New Red Sandstones.
- When we enter the broad valley of Zuni, the strata of the New Red Sandstone crop out from under the Jurassic rocks, and we establish our camp on the red marl of the Keuper.
More definitions of New Red SandstoneDefinition of New Red Sandstone in:
- The British & World English dictionary