Definition of Nez Percé in English:
noun (plural same or Nez Percés)
1A member of an American Indian people of central Idaho, northeastern Oregon, and southeastern Washington.
- However, on 5th October, 1877, the Nez Percé were surrounded by troops only 30 miles from the Canadian border.
- The time was the early 1850s, when, a young man, he was with his brother and a party of fellow Nez Percés numbering eight or nine in the Wallowa country.
- The Shahaptan family of Scouler comprised three tribes - the Shahaptan or Nez Percés, the Kliketat, a scion of the Shahaptan, dwelling near Mount Ranier, and the Okanagan, inhabiting the upper part of Fraser River and its tributaries.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Nez Percé or their language.
- To understand the Nez Perce people you must first understand their landscape.
- Introduction of the horse became a defining characteristic for Nez Perce culture.
French, literally 'pierced nose'.
Definition of Nez Percé in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.