noun (feminine Niçoise /nēˈswäz/)
adjectiveBack to top
- 1.1 [postpositive] Denoting food that is characteristic of Nice or the surrounding region, typically garnished with tomatoes, capers, and anchovies: salade NiçoiseMore example sentences
- The Swordfish Niçoise was perfect, and after a quick medley for Bethel's Lady Mayor, it was time to make the 10-minute drive back to the hotel.
- I was thinking of making something healthy and simple for dinner - a Salad Niçoise.
- He was struck by the Asiatic influences in LA and early on replaced the canned tuna in a salad Niçoise with seared fresh tuna.
More definitions of NiçoisDefinition of Niçois in:
- The British & World English dictionary