Definition of Nile monitor in English:
A large heavily built African lizard that has grayish-olive skin with yellow markings and is semiaquatic.
- Varanus niloticus, family Varanidae
- One of the biggest monitor lizards is Varanus niloticus, the Nile monitor, which may measure 2 m in length.
- He said there has been only one comprehensive study of Nile monitors done in their native Africa.
- The natural history of the Nile monitor has been summarized by a variety of authors.
Definition of Nile monitor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.