Definition of North American in English:
Of or relating to North America.
- Elsewhere, the sounds were of the generic North American city.
- The team also won the North American Women's Collegiate Championships held in Montana in March.
- But he will fulfil a visit to Toronto on Saturday which had been planned to end a brief North American tour.
nounBack to top
A native or inhabitant of North America, especially a citizen of the US or Canada.
- With the United States leading the field it was fellow North Americans, Canada that laid down the biggest challenge and the two crews passed through half-way neck and neck.
- Local people depended on turtles much the way native North Americans depended on the buffalo.
- The first canoes are thought to have been used by Carib Indians and native North Americans and were made by hollowing out large logs.
Definition of North American in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan