adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to North Germanic.More example sentences
- Danish is a North Germanic language closely related to Norwegian and Swedish, and is also related to the West Germanic languages, including German and English.
- Swedish is a North Germanic language, related to Norwegian, Danish, and German.
- Today, Germanic languages and peoples fall into two groups: North Germanic, alias Scandinavian (Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Icelandic, and Faeroese), and West Germanic (German, English, and Frisian).
More definitions of North GermanicDefinition of North Germanic in:
- The British & World English dictionary