- Another name for the aurora borealis. See aurora.More example sentences
- The Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights (Aurora Australis in the southern hemisphere) is also a manifestation of the ionosphere.
- But assuming that happens we may be in for a spectacular Northern Lights display (the Aurora Borealis for those of a more scientific inclination).
- The Northern Lights, or ‘Aurora Borealis’, are a natural light show that can be seen at the North Pole.
More definitions of Northern LightsDefinition of Northern Lights in:
- The British & World English dictionary