Definition of Norway maple in English:
A large Eurasian maple with yellow flowers that appear before the lobed leaves, widely planted as an ornamental shade tree.
- Acer platanoides, family Aceraceae
- Like buckthorn, the Norway maple's dense canopy withholds light from shorter plants.
- Dense shade can also occur under trees with dense foliage such as Norway maples and some conifers.
- They're adding diverse new water plants and replacing the exotic Norway maples and other trees the founders imported with thousands of native plants, such as red, white, and pin oaks.
Definition of Norway maple in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan