Definition of Norway spruce in English:
A long-coned European spruce that is widely grown as an ornamental and for timber and pulp.
- Picea abies, family Pinaceae
- The nursery grows mainly white spruce, black spruce, Norway spruce, jack pine, red pine, eastern white pine, Scots pine and smaller amounts of various other species.
- For example, in the province of Norrbotten there were twenty times as many old Scots pines and Norway spruces as there are today.
- Several species of trees were used for this purpose, most commonly Scots pines and Norway spruces.
Definition of Norway spruce in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan