- (In the UK except Scotland) the lower of the two main levels of standardized examinations in secondary schools. Compare with A level.More example sentences
- I myself did not know much about the People's Charter until I studied for my O level economic and social history examination.
- ‘My only academic achievement after leaving school was in 1969, when I gained an O level in English at Shipley College at the age of 23,’ said Mr Walsh.
- Maybe I'm wrong - I did fail my maths O level in 1975, but since then I have learned to use a calculator.
short for ordinary level.
More definitions of O levelDefinition of O level in:
- The British & World English dictionary