- The Persian language up to the 3rd century bc, used in the ancient Persian empire and written in cuneiform.More example sentences
- In 1844, Rawlinson scaled the almost sheer cliffs of Bisitun, in Persia, copying relief sculptures and their accompanying cuneiform inscriptions in Old Persian, Elamite and Babylonian.
- Bisitun was trilingual, with inscriptions in Old Persian, Elamite and Babylonian.
- In the east, languages like Sogdian look like ‘sons of Old Persian.’
More definitions of Old PersianDefinition of Old Persian in:
- The British & World English dictionary