noun(the Old South)
- The southern states of the US before the Civil War (1861–65).More example sentences
- The rites and customs of the Old South no longer work.
- Second, politically it was contrary to the free trade sentiments of the Old South, and it subverted Southern rights of political self-determination and was, therefore, a violation of the original federal compact.
- I am a gay man, and I grew up in rural Southern Georgia, the Heart of the Old South.
More definitions of Old SouthDefinition of Old South in:
- The British & World English dictionary