(also Oregon grape holly)
An evergreen shrub of the western coastal US bearing yellow flowers and edible blue berries.
- Mahonia aquifolium, family Berberidaceae
More example sentences
- Palmatine is a constituent of many of these plants, which include goldthread, yellow root, Oregon grape, celandine, and barberry.
- Berberine, a constituent of herbs such as goldenseal, barberry, and Oregon grape, has broad-spectrum antibiotic activity.
- Where I live, native plants such as vine maple, Oregon grape, and salal flourish in the natural landscape, and I say, great, let them flourish there, but keep them out of my garden.
Definition of Oregon grape in:
- The British & World English dictionary