Definition of Oriya in English:
noun (plural same or Oriyas)
1A native or inhabitant of Orissa.
- No Oriya rules the airwaves or beams at him from the posters and billboards in the streets of London.
- By these means the Oriya and the Tamil were made to feel part of a wider, countrywide, struggle.
- But about a hundred Oriya kids live today because of his generosity.
2The Indic language of the Oriya, closely related to Bengali.
- Both the languages are so close that an outsider may mistake Oriya for Assamese.
- The tribals speak Oriya with many words from their tongue, which made translation difficult.
- Similar were the aspirations of Congressmen who spoke Kannada, Malayalam, or Oriya.
from Hindi Ụriyā.
Definition of Oriya in:
- British & World English dictionary