noun (plural same or Oriyas)
- 1A native or inhabitant of Orissa.More example sentences
- No Oriya rules the airwaves or beams at him from the posters and billboards in the streets of London.
- By these means the Oriya and the Tamil were made to feel part of a wider, countrywide, struggle.
- But about a hundred Oriya kids live today because of his generosity.
- 2The Indic language of the Oriya, closely related to Bengali.More example sentences
- Both the languages are so close that an outsider may mistake Oriya for Assamese.
- The tribals speak Oriya with many words from their tongue, which made translation difficult.
- Similar were the aspirations of Congressmen who spoke Kannada, Malayalam, or Oriya.
from Hindi Ụriyā.
More definitions of OriyaDefinition of Oriya in:
- The British & World English dictionary