noun (plural same or Ovambos)
- 1A member of a people of northern Namibia.More example sentences
- The removal of the eyes was common to the Ovambos.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Ovambo or their language.More example sentences
- McKittrick examines how Christianity, colonial rule, and wage labor in Namibia reduced young Ovambo men's dependence on their fathers and allowed them to promote competing notions of masculinity.
- Therefore it is a thorn in their sides when members of the Ovambo people are given land in their former settlement area.
- As for the Ovambo and Herero traditions, you will hear from the scholars very soon in detail.
a local name, from ova- (prefix denoting a plural) + ambo 'man of leisure'.
More definitions of OvamboDefinition of Ovambo in:
- The British & World English dictionary