- A member or supporter of the Parti Québecois, a political party originally advocating independent rule for Quebec.More example sentences
- Indeed, after the election, many defeated Péquistes complained that they had paid the price for their party's ‘courage’ on this issue.
- Unfortunately, neither the Péquistes nor the Liberals that took their place have seen fit to replace them yet.
- The organizations need more money - which was promised to them in the last budget presented by the Péquistes before they were turfed out of office, but was never delivered.
from the French pronunciation of the abbreviation PQ + the noun suffix -iste.
More definitions of PéquisteDefinition of Péquiste in:
- The British & World English dictionary