- 1Of, relating to, or denoting a zoogeographical region comprising Eurasia north of the Himalayas, together with North Africa and the temperate part of the Arabian peninsula. The fauna is closely related to that of the Nearctic region. Compare with Holarctic.More example sentences
- Distribution is widespread, and microhylids are found throughout most tropical and temperate regions except for the Palaearctic, most of Australia, the West Indies, and most Oceanic islands.
- Lobesia botrana is a major vine pest in the Palaearctic region.
- The Great Reed Warbler breeds in reed beds of eutrophic lakes and marshes over much of the Palearctic temperate region.
More definitions of PalearcticDefinition of Palearctic in:
- The British & World English dictionary