Definition of Palookaville in English:
nounNorth American informal
1A state of obscurity: a couple of bucks and a one-way ticket to Palookaville
More example sentences
- Jumping around in the snow like a frivolous retard seems like a good idea, but whenever you combine ice and fun, you end up with a one way ticket to Palookaville.
- You wouldn't wish upon this poll a one-way ticket to Palookaville.
- Cook's response is the workmanlike Palookaville.
2An economically depressed, working-class community.
- The film opens with the cross-dressing lead singer of the band giving a concert in Palookaville, U.S.A.
- The inbred fans back in Iowa, Texas, Colorado, Florida, and other primeval Palookavilles of this great country are wearing paper sacks over their heads in shame.
- He spends about three months a year playing art and music fairs around the country, from all-star birthday tributes in Washington, D.C. to harvest festivals in assorted Palookavilles.
Definition of Palookaville in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.