Definition of Palookaville in English:
nounNorth American informal
1A state of obscurity: a couple of bucks and a one-way ticket to Palookaville
More example sentences
- Jumping around in the snow like a frivolous retard seems like a good idea, but whenever you combine ice and fun, you end up with a one way ticket to Palookaville.
- You wouldn't wish upon this poll a one-way ticket to Palookaville.
- Cook's response is the workmanlike Palookaville.
2An economically depressed, working-class community.
- The film opens with the cross-dressing lead singer of the band giving a concert in Palookaville, U.S.A.
- The inbred fans back in Iowa, Texas, Colorado, Florida, and other primeval Palookavilles of this great country are wearing paper sacks over their heads in shame.
- He spends about three months a year playing art and music fairs around the country, from all-star birthday tributes in Washington, D.C. to harvest festivals in assorted Palookavilles.
Definition of Palookaville in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia