- (In Christian theology) the Holy Spirit as advocate or counselor (John 14:16, 26).More example sentences
- The theology of the Paraclete contains and promotes a theological-ontological congruence.
- Johannine theology of the Paraclete points to a primary way in which participation in the exercise of political power can be a form of public witness to Christ.
- And we confess the living Holy Spirit, the living Paraclete.
via late Latin from Greek paraklētos 'called in aid', from para- 'alongside' + klētos (from kalein 'to call').
More definitions of ParacleteDefinition of Paraclete in:
- The British & World English dictionary