Definition of Parisienne in English:
A Parisian girl or woman.
- These were respectable people: the shopkeepers, the small businessmen, war veterans wearing their medals, more of those Parisiennes with pugs, men in berets carrying symbolic baguettes.
- There were pothead hippies, in-line skaters, little old Parisiennes with pugs (admittedly not many).
- I must admit to having had a small chuckle at the TV pics of thousands of Parisiennes booing at the result.
adjectiveBack to top
(Especially of a girl or woman) Parisian.
- The drama selects scenes from famous operas and employs them to tell the story of a young Parisienne woman, and includes music from La Bohme and La Traviata among others.
- It has her musing about cormorants, nautical terms and charts, spiders, ecology, conquistadors and hats on Parisienne heads.
- The long, inward opening windows, are, however, very Parisienne.
mid 17th century: French, feminine of parisien 'Parisian'.
Definition of Parisienne in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan