- A progressive disease of the nervous system marked by tremor, muscular rigidity, and slow, imprecise movement, chiefly affecting middle-aged and elderly people. It is associated with degeneration of the basal ganglia of the brain and a deficiency of the neurotransmitter dopamine.More example sentences
- Cells grown from stem cells could be used to treat a range of illnesses from Parkinson's disease and diabetes to heart disease.
- These types of drugs are used to slow the progression Parkinson's disease.
- Persistent sounds could be a symptom of a serious condition such as a brain tumor or Parkinson's disease.
late 19th century: named after James Parkinson (1755–1824), English surgeon.
More definitions of Parkinson's diseaseDefinition of Parkinson's disease in:
- The British & World English dictionary