- another term for Second Coming.More example sentences
- By the way, the perception of a ‘delay’ of the Parousia is also a nineteenth-century German theological category.
- According to the author's thesis, Mark understood these occurrences to be the apocalyptic sign triggering the events of the end-time described in the verses that lead up to the Parousia.
- She makes a rather large assumption that all of earliest Christianity would have been just as apocalyptic in its outlook as the Apostle Paul, and that it suffered mightily from a delay of the Parousia.
Greek, literally 'being present'.
More definitions of ParousiaDefinition of Parousia in:
- The British & World English dictionary