- A triangular array of numbers in which those at the ends of the rows are 1 and each of the others is the sum of the nearest two numbers in the row above (the apex, 1, being at the top).More example sentences
- Since Pascal's triangle can be generated by a simple geometric procedure, this method shows that there is geometric structure beneath questions of probability.
- Of course this table is none other than Pascal's triangle for finding the binomial coefficients despite being viewed from a different angle from the way we build it up today.
- One of these is Pascal's triangle which gives the coefficients needed to expand sums of unknowns up to the eighth power.
More definitions of Pascal's triangleDefinition of Pascal's triangle in:
- The British & World English dictionary