noun[in singular] Philosophy
- The argument that it is in one’s own best interest to behave as if God exists, since the possibility of eternal punishment in hell outweighs any advantage of believing otherwise.More example sentences
- He was also asked what he thought of Pascal's wager.
- Does Pascal's wager look more attractive to you?
- We are faced with a kind of Pascal's wager: assume the worst and it will surely arrive: commit oneself to the struggle for freedom and justice, and it's cause may be advanced.
More definitions of Pascal's wagerDefinition of Pascal's wager in:
- The British & World English dictionary