Definition of Pawnee in English:
noun (plural same or Pawnees)
1A member of an American Indian confederacy formerly in Nebraska, and now mainly in Oklahoma.
- Trained as a scientist, not a moralist, Grinnell logged the words, actions, practices, history, and religious beliefs of Blackfeet, Pawnees, and Cheyennes as accurately and faithfully as possible.
- Since I was young, the Pawnees and the Comanches have been enemies.
- Of the Kansas Indians, there were the Kaws and Pawnees and still others.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Pawnee or their language.
- His vivid portrayals of Huron, Apache and Pawnee warriors make history come alive.
- Indeed, the military force protecting the railroad builders included a troop of Pawnee scouts, who were highly regarded.
- He initially printed Pawnee stories in the pages of his own magazine and then collected them in book form.
Definition of Pawnee in:
- British & World English dictionary