(also Pearson's product-moment correlation coefficient)
- A statistic measuring the linear interdependence between two variables or two sets of data.More example sentences
- We used Pearson's correlation coefficients to measure the association between particle diameter size and spirometry parameters.
- We used Pearson's correlation coefficients to measure the relationship between environmental data and antibody data.
- The correlation between clinical variables was evaluated using the Pearson's correlation coefficient.
early 20th century: named after K. Pearson (see Pearson, Karl).
More definitions of Pearson's correlation coefficientDefinition of Pearson's correlation coefficient in:
- The British & World English dictionary