- A stylized Chinese form of opera dating from the late 18th century, in which speech, singing, mime, and acrobatics are performed to an instrumental accompaniment.More example sentences
- The same is true with the various types of Chinese opera, with Peking opera taking the lead.
- Others sing Peking opera under the trees along the river.
- Some practised singing Peking opera and played roles in private circles as amateurs.
More definitions of Peking operaDefinition of Peking opera in:
- The British & World English dictionary