Definition of Phaeophyceae in English:
A class of lower plants that comprises the brown algae.
- Class Phaeophyceae, division Heterokontophyta (or phylum Heterokonta, kingdom Protista); formerly division Phaeophyta
- For marine plants, the argument would be different if we accepted the limited overnight acid accumulation in the Phaeophyceae as CAM, in view of the large biomass production of kelp.
- Phaeophyceae, or giant kelp, is a brown algae that is generally found in a costal, temperate, marine environment.
- There have been known several methods for preparing alginic acid or its alkali salts from the Phaeophyceae.
Definition of Phaeophyceae in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan