Definition of Phaeophyceae in English:
A class of lower plants that comprises the brown algae.
- Class Phaeophyceae, division Heterokontophyta (or phylum Heterokonta, kingdom Protista); formerly division Phaeophyta
- For marine plants, the argument would be different if we accepted the limited overnight acid accumulation in the Phaeophyceae as CAM, in view of the large biomass production of kelp.
- Phaeophyceae, or giant kelp, is a brown algae that is generally found in a costal, temperate, marine environment.
- There have been known several methods for preparing alginic acid or its alkali salts from the Phaeophyceae.
Definition of Phaeophyceae in:
- British & World English dictionary