- (1881–1973), Spanish painter, sculptor, and graphic artist; resident in France from 1904. His prolific inventiveness and technical versatility made him the dominant figure in avant-garde art in the first half of the 20th century. Following his Blue period (1901–04) and Rose period (1905–06), he developed cubism (1908–14). In the 1920s and 1930s he adopted a neoclassical figurative style.
- More example sentences
- Lost in the Woods displays Picassoesque looping segmentations of space that morph into female faces peering in many directions.
- Their works were emblazoned by the ‘devil in the flesh’, expressed through a Picassoesque and brutally expressionist fragmentation of the body.
- Among. his multiple watercolours of Rodinesque human figures and Picassoesque bulls is a startling image of an eye, usually blue, under a heavy brow, with a piercing gaze.
Pronunciation: /-ˌkäsōˈesk, -ˌkasō-/adjective
More definitions of Picasso, PabloDefinition of Picasso, Pablo in:
- The British & World English dictionary