(also plexiglas or plexiglass)
noun• trademark , chiefly North American
- A solid transparent plastic made of polymethyl methacrylate (the same material as perspex or Lucite).More example sentences
- Although resembling a stone structure from the outside, from the interior the pyramid is seen to be constructed of translucent plexiglas panels over a wood framework.
- Investigators have analyzed videos of vampire bats charging down plexiglas runways, and learned that they have evolved a novel running gait.
- The door to the small plexiglas room was opened.
1930s: from Greek plēxis 'percussion' + glass.
More definitions of PlexiglasDefinition of Plexiglas in:
- The British & World English dictionary