- A discrete frequency distribution that gives the probability of a number of independent events occurring in a fixed time.More example sentences
- In this he was the first to note that events with low frequency in a large population followed a Poisson distribution even when the probabilities of the events varied.
- Because of the extreme non-normality of these scores, we used a statistical test for two Poisson distributions.
- The Poisson distribution provides a statistical description of the number of enzymes in the droplet.
named after the French mathematical physicist Siméon-Denis Poisson (1781–1840).
More definitions of Poisson distributionDefinition of Poisson distribution in:
- The British & World English dictionary