(also portland cement)
- Cement that is manufactured from limestone and clay and that hardens under water.More example sentences
- Generally you can use a time-tested Portland cement plaster (1 part Portland cement, 1 part lime, and 4 parts fine sand) for a base coat.
- Traditionally, plaster is a mixture of Portland cement, sand and water that is applied in layers to a base of wood or metal lath or perforated plasterboard.
- Stucco is a siding material made of Portland cement, sand, lime and water.
1810s: named after the Isle of Portland in Dorset, England, a limestone peninsula quarried for its fine building stone.
More definitions of Portland cementDefinition of Portland cement in:
- The British & World English dictionary