- (In the US) a medal constituting the highest award that can be given to a civilian in peacetime.More example sentences
- In 1996, she received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, awarded to civilians making outstanding contributions to American life.
- In 2000, Taylor was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award, by President Bill Clinton, for whom he delivered the sermon for the Inaugural Prayer Service in 1993.
- Less than two months before his death, President Bush awarded him the nation's highest civilian honor, the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
More definitions of Presidential Medal of FreedomDefinition of Presidential Medal of Freedom in:
- The British & World English dictionary