- A former kingdom of Germany. Originally a small country on the southeastern shores of the Baltic Sea, it became a major European power, covering much of modern northeastern Germany and Poland, under Frederick the Great. After the Franco-Prussian War of 1870–71, it became the center of Bismarck’s new German Empire, but was abolished following Germany’s defeat in World War I.
- More example sentences
- Did you ever wonder why the U.S. Social Security Administration has a picture of this Prussian militarist up on their site?
- Are we speaking of Bismarck's vote-buying democracy for his Prussian emperor?
- In her hand, a staff with the iron cross topped by the Prussian eagle.
More definitions of PrussiaDefinition of Prussia in:
- The British & World English dictionary