Definition of Pteridophyta in English:
A division of flowerless green plants that comprises the ferns and their relatives.
- Division Pteridophyta: classes Filicopsida (ferns), Sphenopsida (horsetails), and Lycopsida (club mosses)
- Consider the ‘Pteridophyta’ (vascular plants that reproduce by spores) are they a monophyletic group or a grade?
- Polyploidy occurs in the heterosporous and homosporous Pteridophyta, but with a much higher frequency in the latter.
- The database includes the data on the spread of the autochthonous and majority of the alochthonous species of pteridophyta and anthophyta in Slovenia.
Definition of Pteridophyta in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan