Definition of Pyrrhonism in English:
1The philosophy of Pyrrho.
- Sextus is a key source of our knowledge of Pyrrhonism and is also said to have been a physician.
- The Greeks, however, found no problem in interpreting Pyrrhonism in Greek terms.
- The great subverter of Pyrrhonism or the excessive principles of scepticism is action, and employment, and the occupations of common life.
- Example sentences
- In fact, this is how the Pyrrhonists treated all sceptical arguments.
- Their type of skepticism about what is good or bad by nature allowed Pyrrhonists to choose and avoid things according to habit and custom.
- The Pyrrhonists sought the truth.
Pronunciation: /ˈpirənəst/noun& adjective
Definition of Pyrrhonism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan