- A kind of sleep that occurs at intervals during the night and is characterized by rapid eye movements, more dreaming and bodily movement, and faster pulse and breathing.More example sentences
- It happens during three distinct periods during the night called rapid eye movement or REM sleep.
- The increase in the power of LF component during the postapneic hyperventilation was significantly more pronounced in non-REM sleep than in REM sleep.
- Patient reports of dreams experienced during REM sleep tend to be bizarre and detailed, with storyline plot associations.
More definitions of REM sleepDefinition of REM sleep in:
- The British & World English dictionary