- Ribonucleic acid, a nucleic acid present in all living cells. Its principal role is to act as a messenger carrying instructions from DNA for controlling the synthesis of proteins, although in some viruses RNA rather than DNA carries the genetic information.More example sentences
- In 1959 Nirenberg began his investigations into the relationship between deoxyribonucleic acid, ribonucleic acid and the production of proteins.
- Anfinsen's work in the late 1960s demonstrated that understanding the chemistry of proteins was essential to understanding the function of ribonucleic acid in heredity.
- Swine influenza presents a special challenge in genetics because its genome comprises eight segments of ribonucleic acid, better known as RNA.
More definitions of RNADefinition of RNA in:
- The British & World English dictionary